We had a blog a couple of years ago but I deleted it because I felt like I had nothing interesting to say. Now that we homeschool a 4 year old and almost 2 year old (who is way more active than Austin ever was if you can believe it!), it seems like we may have some interesting things to share! :) I read a lot of homeschool mama's blogs and get ideas from them, so I thought maybe I could share some of mine.
I keep saying "we" but let's face it, Brett is probably never going to get on this blog. I'm the one who manages his Facebook! I'll try to encourage him to get on though! He's pretty busy workin', lovin', fatherin', guitarin', yard workin', car fixin', etc. (Is my Mississippi showin'?) :)
So update on us: Brett and I will be married 6 years this month. He's an amazing husband and father and I love him so much! Austin will be 5 in December. We started him in Kindergarten this year because I've homeschooled him since he was two and I can't imagine doing preschool another year. Our plan was to take it slow and not stress, but he loves it and is really chugging along! He does school every day and even asks to do it on the weekends! Monday Brett was home for Labor Day so he did his Phonics lesson with him. Logan is almost 2 and into everything! We used to always say, "What if Austin is the calm one?" Well... he is! We're trying to potty train him and he's doing pretty well. He's nowhere near ready for big boy underwear, (which Brett found out the hard way on his lunch break one day!) but he's doing pretty good. We recently adopted a sweet dog named Lola. She was supposed to be my sisters dog and we were just going to keep her until she moved out, but we fell in love with her so she's staying! Our days are usually pretty busy doing school, MOPS stuff, and playing hard. Austin is obsessed with Star Wars and has taught Logan well. Logan could probably beat you in a game of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit! They have epic Star Wars battles all over the house and I have seen Episode 2 way more than anyone should ever have to!
That's our life right now! I'm hoping to get this blog up and running today and keep it updated frequently.
Lauren
Way to go Momma! You have it going and God will keep you all going! I've always wanted to do a blog, however, being unsavey with the internet, I haven't spent the time. Bless you, it will be fun to follow your journey!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day,
Jackie Zimmerman